Monday, September 19, 2011

Piano and Music

I was catching up on all the blogs I have neglected in the past year and all of a sudden I heard voices and then a LOUD bang at the door (granted this was at 9:45 or so tonight). Although I know you all believe I get visitors ALL the time, I really don't. The bishop brought back my chaps he borrowed for a ride him and his wife took this last weekend as well as dropped off the General Conference Tickets he "strategically" requested for me.

They stayed for a while in my very messy house (I have dumped a ton of my clothes in the front room and am trying to clean out the wardrobe). I like to have a clean house when people arrive so I believe I apologized at least a couple times. They then noticed I had a piano and asked me to play a song. I am not a fan of playing in front of people but I made the attempt anyway. Unfortunately, I played well enough for them that he asked me to play the piece I played (part of it that I know) for standard's night - where the youth will entertain the widows in the ward. I think I committed to it but am not at all excited about it. It is a difficult song and I have half of it to learn and the entire thing to master.

I love the piano and music. It calms me and makes me happy. I find that music will uplift me and bring the spirit into my soul quicker than almost anything else. I hope me messing up in front of everybody doesn't ruin this for me! ;-)



Oh - and here is a random video and picture of me wrecking that Brit requested...

4 comments:

Darren and Tessa said...

Loving the updates! Kloee REally liked your "show" :)

Brittany said...

You own chaps?

Melissa said...

It is nice to see a little of what you are up to! It was good to see you - sure wish you could've stayed longer!

Mills said...

know Mel... I felt bad leaving so quickly. I miss seeing you guys and all the lil ones are growing up. Morgan is a riot!! I wanted to see Jason as well. Maybe I will take a road trip in December and come by for a couple days. What are your plans for the holidays?