Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lawn chairs and Blogging

First off, I would like to dedicate this blog to my cousin Janet who basically called me out for not having blogged in well, a year.. again. I have come to the realization that I am not a blogger and may never become one. I am fine with this :).

In this very short blog, I would also like to mention lawn chairs. I was sitting in my lawn chair in my front driveway this evening talking on the phone. Although many might think this is odd, I do this as I have little reception inside my home. I usually talk at least 3 hours every evening on the phone but decided to talk only an hour and a half on this occasion ;). Anyway, during the call I decided to go for a walk (twice) and during one of those two times my parents drove by, saw the lawn chair and didn't see me anywhere so they kept driving. They thought this was a bit odd. What they don't understand is that it is a neighborhood custom. I had thought only one neighbor participated in this this but in fact I have seen at least 3 others do this on occasion. Here here to lawn chairs in driveways.

4 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

ha! I love it Millard. Keep on blogging!

BrittanyLane said...

I about fell off MY chair when I saw that you posted to your blog. I think you should post that picture of that waterskiing wipeout.

Brittany said...

I had to do a double take and re-read about 3 times to make sure it was really your blog that was updated :) I sit in a camping chair in my driveway, while my kids play. Does that count?

Mills said...

Thanks gals... love the comments! Camping chair in driveway is EXACTLY what I am talking about Brittany...