
It is Sunday and I sit here listening to "I Need You," Tim McGraw. It is a great song.. thank goodness for great music or this life would be very lonely. I wonder if I would still be sane if I were back in the days without radio and single at age 30 (did they live that long 200 years ago?). Music is wonderful though and I thank god for it at least weekly...
Now for the initial reason I started this blog...
I can't say I go fishing too often - I typically go when I am backpacking, at Twin Lakes, or on the motorcycle trip with the men of the family. However, I am realizing that I probably should go fishing more often (with my dad that is). It all reminds me of this country song, I believe it is by Tim McGraw.. something about doing things before it gets too late (skydiving, fishing... I think I have explained this enough to move on). Friday my dad called me at work (he must not have enough to do at his job! :) - j/k paps). He told me that they were going fishing at 4AM the next day for salmon. Well, I decided I didn't have anything better to do and it would be fun to get out and on the boat so I called him back and threw a dime in the bucket, that is I agreed. We hit the water about 5 or 5:30 and roared up the Columbia for about 20 miles (almost to Vernita Bridge in Mattawa - we started at Ringold on the Pasco side of the river). The best way to describe the boat we were on is as a sled - a 28ft aluminum sled with an 8 liter engine, big boat. Dad's friend was also a guide so he had all the gear and took care of everything. I brought in the first "trash" fish - it was a jack chinook salmon, I will just say it was a pound. Dad pulled in a 35 lb Chinook a couple hours later... what a fish!! The guide made this comment to him, "You haven't got him in yet?" I guess the arms must be getting weak...
Above is another picture of the monster. We were out fishing from 5AM to 4PM - we were hot and burnt and ready to be back. We believe that the guide would have stayed out there forever if I wasn't showing, well, lack of interest at that point of being on the boat still and not pulling anymore fish in. He was very nice though and I am glad I had the chance to go.. what a fish. Below is the filets of my monster fish... I think my fish would like the "side" fin on his fish above...


5 comments:
That's really cool that you got to go fishing when a beast like that was reeled in... Wow.
I really love music too. One of my playlists: http://view.playlist.com/6672210187
Hey that is an awesome picture. I'm sorry to hear how things have been going lately. We have been thinking of you, we love you, and we know you will find your special someone. Maybe you already have, maybe there is just supposed to be more time until that happens... to learn or strengthen your bond with her and Heavenly Father. We miss you, and would love for you to come visit. Maybe when the snow comes.. we can all go skiing! Or something? :)You are always welcome.. even with little notice!
It is nice to see you blog again. Not that I have anything to say...Bryce does all the blogging in this fam, so far. I bet that fish was tasty. Yumm. You should come go riding with Bryce before the weather turns. He tries to go just about everyday!
Are you really 30 already? I know a couple of girls here on the east coast if you need any help...BTW what happened to all of chad's hair?
Cousin Sally
I am 30... sad huh! I think that everyone BUT me should grow older and feeble! Chad.. he is got it going on, just with less hair..
Post a Comment