Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rio de Janeiro trip

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
February 2008



This is a follow-on work trip from my Argentina trip in Fall 2006. We are working with ABACC (http://abacc.org/home.htm) to help secure the nuclear agencies networks in both Argentina and Brazil. The work is slow going but we feel like we are helping out.



This is where we stayed the entire two weeks. (Two guys came down - one for each week and I stayed the entire time). Our hotel was on Copacabana Beach - amazing sand and warm water. There was a green tint to the water, almost like there was algae in it - still, remarkable! When I arrived, they were taking down structures and signs of "Carnival." It looked like they had quite a good time the weeks before during this festivity...







The two co-workers I went down with:

1st week (to the left) - Jeremy
2nd week (to the right) - Greg
(one note: neither spoke spanish nor portuguese)



Here are some additional pictures from the roof of my hotel on Copacabana beach.




left - Copacabana beach


right - Cristo Corcovado in the distance




When Jeremy left, I took off Friday and explored the city all weekend. I finally started enjoyed it and started taking in & loving Rio. This is on a trip I took to go up to Cristo Corcovado. It was huge... very impressive. A lot of tourists though, which I am not a big fan of but something I wouldn't have missed out on. The following pictures are the trip up to Cristo Redentor as well as pictures of the actual statue.



4 comments:

Sharee said...

I like, I like!!! We need more pics!

Dfinanceguy said...

You should have gone hang gliding. Rio is a fun city. Too bad we didn't go together. My Portuguese would have helped out, but I'm sure your Spanish was adequate.

D-Rock

BrittanyLane said...

Yeah! Welcome to the blogging world. Sorry we're a bit delayed, we just got the internet again...

Mills said...

Sorry this post is a mess... I guess you will just have to deal with it ;-)