So...
I finally found my way back to my mountain bike.. I never found my stole Klein (blasted thieves). Yes.. I had to buy a new one but it is great, a Jamis Dragon 29er. It is a sweet bike and with the huge wheels I feel like I am on top of the world!
I picked it up on Tuesday at Scott's Cycle in Hermiston, OR.. you know why :). I took it up Badger yesterday night and it was a kick.. . Then tonight I went with my great friend Whit who lives down the street to State Patrol. I can't believe how many trails they have there. They are a bit overgrown and the trails are very sandy, some more than others, but what fun! I have never been clipped in quite like this to a mountain bike. However, what a blast! I was moving downhill at a pretty good speed one time and was launched sideways and landed on my side. Ouch! A busted up knee and a pretty good limp but I was able to keep riding the rest of the night. I am having a hard time with keeping a good balance on it, being clipped in that is, BUT what fun. I think I fell 8 times tonight. One time I lost my balance and fell in a half foot of sand/dust - no pain there.
I am looking forward to hauling my bikes around and having a good time and getting busted up a lot! I suppose I better wear a helmet.......
Here here to many wrecks and lots of painfully wonderful good times!!!!!
MARIN: Six Years Old
6 years ago

6 comments:
maybe you should try something else then Mills.
Huh...do people usually clip into mountain bikes? That is news to me. I think you should get different pedals. I am so glad to see that you have started to blog again. I haven't been on here for about a year, so I have some reading to do.
Yeah, I took my mountain bike to the D.I. a few years ago after a nasty wreck. I don't trust myself on it. Be careful out there!
Sounds like good times!
I love to read about your adventures! You have such a unique way of describing things! It feels like I am reading a comic strip. Fantastic! You are such a super hero.
Mel, not sure how to take your comment... I will take it as a compliment ;)
Post a Comment